Exam preparation can be very intimidating for many students. With every passing day, it becomes a struggle to alleviate anxiety and manage studies well, especially when you are a science student and have PCMB or PCM doubts. Completing the syllabus seems to be an unbeatable task to accomplish. We have all been in similar situations and dealt with the same issues at some point in life.
A month before the exam is the most crucial, and it needs to be optimized prudently to score maximum marks. Fortunately, there are some efficient ways to strategize and plan your exam preparation effectively.
- Optimistic Attitude- It is highly imperative to stay calm and have a positive attitude. Rather than concentrating on how tough the competition is, students focus on completing their course syllabus. Having confidence in one’s abilities is very important. Additionally, if you answer correctly, you are bound to score well.
- Revision time- You need to spare time for revision at least one hour a day or one day a week. So that you can shift the short term memory to long term memory. Make sure that you dedicate the last two days exclusively to revision and solving sample papers.
- Analysis of previous papers- At the beginning of the last month, you can start by analyzing all the subjects. You can also go through the previous year’s papers. While you are on it, you will recognize some patterns and repetitions throughout the years. Take a look at the recurring topics, questions, marking schemes, and MCQs. You will be able to make a list of crucial lessons that you have to prioritize. It is then on you to understand how the questions need to be answered. You can even ask a tutor who is an expert in the subject, like a JEE tutor or a CET tutor.
- Prioritize important subjects- About 30%-40% of your syllabus gives you 70%-80% of the marks. Always start with the important and then work your way to finishing the entire syllabus. You do not need to cover all topics in the series as mentioned in the books.
- The last days of preparation- You can dedicate the ending days to solving past year questions and sample papers within your exam time limit. You will see a boost in your confidence once you can solve problems confidently. You can even use online solutions for exam preparation such as CET or JEE solutions.
- Study on alternate days- Do not study one subject for 8-9 days in a row, as you are confused and at the end. And, you will feel lost and clueless about how to complete the other subjects. You can try to complete two big topics alternately in a day.
- Allocate some days to each subject- based on factors such as their significance, their vastness, and your interest. Also, your ability to complete a certain number of days to each topic. Make sure you can stick to the target that you have set for yourself.
- Take note of how long it takes you to complete topics if numerical topics or memorizing topics appeal more to you, your problem-solving skills. Make an appropriate schedule. Be aware of how often you need breaks and how long you can concentrate at a time. To avoid feeling demotivated or tired after your studies, you must be aware of your own needs.
Set Goals For Each Session- Set goals for each study session so that you can focus better.
A positive attitude, healthy eating, and proper sleep help you to reach your own highest potential.